Last week, my coworkers' great Aunt Rae stopped in to visit while she was in town. Aunt Rae is 97 (well, almost), although you wouldn't know it because she is full of energy and I mean, look at her!! We talked and talked about life and everything that goes along with it and I gathered some essential tips that I felt were worth sharing:
Tips from Aunt Rae:
1. Walk a lot.
2. Don't go to weight watchers just to gossip.
3. Become best friends with everyone you meet (or at least talk their ear off).
4. Some friends you made when you were young you might not know if you'd be friends with if you met them now...and that's okay.
5. Clothing carries emotional attachment.
6. It's important to have options in your closet!
7. Always look your absolute best.
8. It's healthy to orgasm once a day.
9. Don't be afraid to make a statement.
10. Sometime's it's okay to not correct store associates when they think you're Iris Apfel...at least for a little while.
11. Also, don't be afraid to tell everyone you're more attractive than Iris Apfel (confidence is key!!)
12. Be proud of your age. Tell everyone you're 97 when you're really 96 and 6 months.
13. You're never too old to continue learning. And just because you're 97 doesn't mean learning means knitting....psychology classes and the like are way better!
I feel so lucky to have met such an inspiring and wonderful woman--Alison, thank you for sharing your amazing relatives with us!