On Sunday night, I was in VT with a bunch of men. Now this may seem like a fun evening for a gal but in fact all it means is that I was surrounded by a whole lot of beer and football and absolutely no beautiful dresses or hilarious anecdotes from Amy Poehler and Tina Faye.
So while I didn't get to watch this year's Golden Globes, I stalked everyone's outfits on instagram and online and am now confident enough to share some of my favorites. Instead of a play by play of the football games, I give you a play by play of my 12 favorite outfits!
1. Dakota Johnson (Above): A beautiful, stunning disco ball. This chic is blowing up as the release of 50 Shades of Grey approaches and whoever is styling her hit it out of the park with this one. I need that dress.
2. Emma Stone: I love everything about Emma Stone and I love this Lanvin jumper. Her hair and makeup is also on point (no surprise there.)
3. Diane Kruger: First of all-- whose body looks like that?!!? She is the image of old Hollywood glamour with this silhouette and that hair. Gorgeous.
4. Reese Witherspoon: This dress fits her perfectly and makes her petit frame look long and lean. It apparently took 80 hours to make and that attention to detail shows. The $1.5 million in Tiffany & Co. jewelry didn't hurt either.
5. Amy Adams: Another perfectly fitting dress. It looks like this Versace gown was just poured over her body, leaving her looking ridiculously gorgeous. I was unsure of the periwinkle color at first but it's really grown on me and looks beautiful with her red hair.
6. Naomi Watts: I feel like I've seen Naomi Watts in some version of this outfit multiple times before, but then again if it works why stop? Like I've said, I wish I could wear yellow and this shade looks stunning on her. And that necklace. I mean....
7. Julianne Moore: This is quite possibly my favorite dress of the bunch. The silhouette and the detail at the bottom is incredible. However, that HAIR. It needs to be put up or something-- it's just not working worn down like that.
8. Taylor Schilling: This outfit seemed to slip through the cracks on a lot of sites. I hardly recognized her when I saw it so I had to collect myself for a moment before realizing that she looks gorgeous. The cut is simple and fits her perfectly, and the red lip just pulls it all together.
9. Anna Kendrick: Fairy tale princess.
10. Chrissy Teigen: This girl is a bombshell and hilarious. Following her on instagram throughout the night was hilarious. Did you guys catch her awkward crying face?
11. Sienna Miller: My favorite hair and make up of the night. I'm still on the fence about the dress but I always admire the fashion risks she takes so I'm going to give her a win on this one.