As my friends and loved ones know, I love everything about summer. It has been and will always remain my favorite season. Sun-kissed skin, sandy beaches, ice cold lemonade, sundresses, ice cream cones- the list is never ending. Everyone is happier in the summertime. Whether it is the the vacations and long weekends it demands, a break from the cold New England winters or simply the extra vitamin D, smiles seem to appear where there were none before and everyone seems to be in better spirits.
Seeing as it is my last real summer of freedom, I'm becoming nostalgic for the days when summer meant summer camp, lemonade stands, trips to the beach, and seemingly endless days of non stop fun. This is my last summer where I can sprawl on the beach in Nantucket for days on end, without the impending return of days in an office on the horizon. I can't help feeling like I'm headed towards a new stage in my life where I will have to really work to make summer feel like it used to. Because of this, I am making sure to appreciate every moment and take advantage of the relaxing days on the beach. I've been compiling a list of the things I want to strive to do before the summer days come to an end.
1. Make fresh squeezed lemonade
2. Eat out on the patio and screen porch as much as possible
3. Whip out the ice cream maker for homemade chipwiches
4. Sip on rosé
5. Take a visit to the MFA in Boston to appreciate the art in the comfort of AC
6. Bring a picnic to the beach (actually, picnic as much as possible)
7. Grab drinks al fresco with friends (requires leaving the ac)
9. Take day trips and weekend trips to nearby fun destinations
10. Make an effort to buy and/or pick fresh flowers for around the house
What are you planning to make the last weeks of summer special? I hope you're enjoying the warm sunshine and long days as much as I am. My pinterest seems to be reflecting my nostalgia as well as my love for all things summer. Below are some pins from my board dedicated to my favorite season.