Quick recipe post for you all! I found the easiest key lime pie recipe that I've ended up making twice this week (once as a gift and once for my family). With Thanksgiving quickly approaching I figure everyone is in need of a good pie recipe. I realize maybe key lime isn't the most fall/winter pie out there but this recipe is so quick and delicious I figure it can't hurt to share! I used a generic graham cracker crust recipe that I just know off hand then used this recipe for the filling.
Ingredients for crust:
- 1/3 of 1 pound box of graham crackers
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons butters (melted)
Ingredients for filling:
- 3 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup key lime juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
1. For the crust, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Using a food processor, crush the graham crackers until fine, then add sugar and melted butter. Press down into the bottom and sides of a pie pan to make a thin crust. Place in the oven until brown, about 8 minutes.
2. For the filling, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix well and pour into the cooled graham cracker crust. Cook in the 350 degree set oven for about 10-12 minutes, until the pie is set. Remove from the oven to cool, then place in the refrigerator for about two hours to cool further. Garnish with fresh whipped cream and lime zest and enjoy!